Monday, January 20, 2020

Lake Placid Center for the Arts and NCA Crandall Library

I did a tribute to my father called "Dad's Hands" last year.  I always spent Friday afternoons with him watching the old westerns cable channel.  We sat in the matching recliners with lap quilts and sometimes he wanted to hold my hand.  I usually had some art things and my camera handy and captured some lovely images while he was snoozing.  Most shows require that pieces be for sale but I was able to show this piece at the Lake Placid Center for the Arts and NCA Crandall Library juried shows.  Since I focused on the hands in soft light for this piece and did not show my father's face, I felt that it had a wider meaning to anyone who has an elderly loved one with the beautifully weathered hands of a long life.  He passed away soon after I took this photo.


No comments: