Friday, June 1, 2018

Spring Opportunities!

2018 brought a number of interesting opportunities to show my drawings.  The Lake Placid Center for the Arts annual juried show was themed as "Flower Power" and so I needed to create a suitable drawing.  I had a lovely and inspiring reference photo of a cemetery angel surrounded by flowers.  I named this brand new piece "Remembrances".


 The Arts Factory of Montgomery County Art Show, currently on display at the Arkell Museum and Canajoharie Library's Community Galleries.  This show is part of the Parks & Trails New York Bicentennial Celebration of the Erie Canal.  My pastel, Blue Grotto, and my colored pencil drawing, Confidants, are among the artwork on display.  I chose them to compliment the Erie Canal theme.  Here I am at the reception with my two pieces.


I was very surprised and please to be notified that my drawing, Farm Days, was chosen for the 3rd Prize Best of Show in the Drawing Category at the recent Fulton Montgomery Art Show, held at the Paul Nigra Center for the Arts.  My background is farming and my parents were farm equipment dealers so these still life items have a lot of nostalgia for me.


I was also very please to be notified that my drawing, "Playing Hookey", was chosen for Masters Division at the View Juried Art Show in Old Forge, NY.  Masters Division represents the top 10 percent of pieces at the show as determined by the artist chosen to judge the show and determine award recipients.  "Playing Hookey" is a personal favorite piece.  A whimsy image of a stern rooster teacher, his little egg pupils and one little hookey player hiding out under the bridge for the day.


No comments: